Let us preface by boldly stating this is NOT a universal product, but rather handcrafted to fit the Volkswagen MK7/MK7.5 GTI - Golf R - GTD accurately and specifically. Isn’t that such a refreshing statement? Gone are the days of “universal” parts that yield lackluster results. This product DOES NOT fit the standard Golf TSI or TDI.
The V2 Spoiler extension for the Volkswagen MK7/MK7.5 GTI-R-GTD is larger with a more aggressive profile vs our original/ever so popular release that has been a staple aftermarket product amongst the MK7/7.5 Golf community since 2018.
- Installation Guide
- aerofabb® V2 Rear Spoiler Extension
- Black Anodized Countersunk Finishing Hardware
- 3M VHB Mounting Tape (Pre-Installed)
- 3M VHB Adhesion Promoter Pen
GOOD TO KNOWS!
- More aggressive profile vs previous version
- Utilizes the same mounting locations as previous version
- 1" taller towards corners/.25" taller in center vs previous version
- Double sided chamfer on trailing edge, and pocket recess for countersunk finishing washers.
- Scratch resistant
- Fits Years 2015-2020 (GTI, Golf-R, Rabbit, GTD)
- Designed & CNC Machined In-house
- Double sided chamfer on trailing edge
- Pocket recess for countersunk finishing washers
- Precise Fitment
- Superior edge finish
- 2.25" extension height at tallest point
- High Gloss Black Surface Finish
- Pre-drilled Mounting Holes
- Mounts to underside of Factory Spoiler
- Precise Third Brake Light Contour Relief
Don't get it twisted, literally...
There's a reason we don't use metal! Pure Aluminum and/or Aluminum Composite panels, also known as ACM "Sign Making Material" (Polymetal, Alubond, Dibond, Alumilite, etc). What happens to metal when it bends? What happens to painted or powder coated surfaces when it comes in contact with road debris or unfortunate mishaps? It twists, creases, or chips under stress and worst of all, it stays like that. Save that wavy bacon for your plate at breakfast!
There's also a valid reason we do not use nut inserts like "Well Nuts" or "Rivet Nuts" for this specific application. It may seem like an overall easier approach however, oversizing holes 1.5x's-3x's larger than the fastener in order to install these nut inserts poses a serious issue. Fatiguing delicate plastic on the underside of the Factory Spoiler which will cause cracking and chipping of the material, paint, or both. Some of these options even require you to utilize specific tooling to install the nut portion which is costly and tough to gauge force squeezing into place. The other obvious yet often overlooked issues would be the GAPING holes and/or permanent Rivet Nuts left in place if you ever decide to remove the product for any reason.
Our fastening method is tried and proven resulting in the MOST secure holding power and LEAST amount of "irreversible damage" vs other fastening combinations disguised as "better" and "easier solutions" on the market.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Love the fit! Great packaging, super fast shipping. Install is more involved than most, but it's very secure and looks great!