- Full intake system from the frontal inlets all the way and including the turbo inlet adapter
- Comes as an open intake system and is fully configurable as a closed system
- Optional OEM style cover (CI100052-A) or stylish carbon fiber covers in twill (CI100052-B) or forged carbon (CI100052-C)
- Specific system for both Garret (GTI/A3/etc) and Continental turbochargers (R/S3/etc)
- Removable and upgradable turbo back pipes and turbo inlet adapters, depending on configuration
- 109 mm inlet tube with a 99% larger cross sectional area at the airbox
- 15 AWHP / 12 AWFTLBS on a Stage 1 vehicle with no other changes (Golf R/S3)
- Makes even more power with tuning specific changes, more mods, and larger turbocharger upgrades
- Up to 43% more airflow than stock when used on the factory turbo (Golf R/S3)
- Up to 80% more airflow than stock when used on a larger turbo (Golf R/S3)
- Lower pressure drop than stock
- Less strain on factory components compared to stock
- Better throttle and turbo response compared to stock
- Straight through design with no sharp or harsh bends and restrictions
- Integrated low-profile flex section
- Dual frontal inlets for maximum airflow
- Incredible sound with the system closed, and even more sound with the system open
- Works with any turbo upgrade and is configurable for future mods
- Easy to install with only 3 clamps for the entire system
- Optional cover install with ease, requiring no tools
- Turbo inlet adapter is removable and upgradable for larger turbochargers
- Factory DV recirculation hose easily connects with no tools (Golf R/S3)
- Emissions compliant
Next airflow is directed straight through the intake filter without any initial turns or bends after the filter. The most ideal airpath for maximum performance is a straight through pipe. While not always possible in all situations, every consideration was made to make this system as straight as possible to promote performance. The flow path was optimized with CFD to minimize pressure drop and turbulence within the controlled space. Even the flex section is integrated to allow for necessary movement with low profile ridges for minimal disruption. The system gradually necks down to the turbo inlet adapter. The pipe is oversized to allow for swapping inlet adapters for larger ones in the future for larger turbocharger setups. Once again a single clamp connects to two without any silicone adapters for a clean and easy install with less possibilities for leaks. The turbo inlet adapter features an ideal entrance into the turbocharger and port matches to turbo to prevent any disruptive airflow. Furthermore, unlike the factory inlets pipes, there are no sharp and disruptive bends directly before the turbocharger.
Simply put, this is the ultimate upgrade. We engineered our intake system as a full system because any system that’s designed to connect to any of the factory parts, from the airbox, to the turbo inlet pipe, or the turbo inlet adapter, will have sacrifices in airflow and performance. This is because the system will need to neck down to smaller diameters, or make sharp and harsh airflow disrupting bends.
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Hands down best intake for the S3 8Y! If you want a bit of extra performance and to allow your S3 to breath better then this is the way to go.Way cheaper then the competition plus WCT offers great prices and impeccable service !
I ordered an APR intake from WCT performance. Got an email within an hour stating that it already been shipped. Received it within 3 days. WCT is a great company to deal with. Highly recommend them.